Health & Safety
Timbers Country Lodge Takes Health and Safety Seriously
We politely ask guests not to hang any clothing on the radiators, this may cause scorching on the walls.
At no time must electrical appliances be brought into our accommodation. This is against safety rules and may cause danger to you and others staying at Timbers. All Timbers electrical appliances are PAT tested. Any personal electrical appliances found in rooms will be confiscated and returned to the owner on check-out.
Please note, Timbers Country Lodge does not supply baby cots in any of the rooms. Parents are welcome to bring their own travel cots as long as it is reported to reception for noting on our system.
No Smoking Policy
For good health and safety practices, smoking is only permitted outside in the designated areas such as the beer terraces and undercover smoking area in the rear beer terrace. There are picnic tables outside accommodation on the green spaces with ash trays. Smoking is not permitted in any of the accommodation, including at the entrance of accommodation doors.
Smoking in any of the rooms is an offence and will result in a fine if evidence of smoking is apparent.
We politely ask guests to consider and respect others who are staying at Timbers Country Lodge
Fire exits are clearly marked in the Restaurant and bar above the relevant doorways, please ask reception if in doubt
Our fire alarms are tested every Thursday morning at 10:30
Timbers Restaurant is all on one level and easily accessed for the disabled. We have disabled parking and one room which offers a ramp entrance, wider doors for wheelchairs and large shower room fitted with grip bars and seating.
Cuts and Bruises
We have a basic medical kit at reception should you require a plaster or bandage. We are not permitted to offer any form of medicine or headache pills
We are a dog friendly establishment offering dog friendly rooms. Please make us aware if you are bringing a dog with you so we can supply you with the correct information. Dogs can be added to your reservation for an extra £10 per night, per dog.
Poo bins can be found located around the premises and free poo bags can be provided at reception. Any guest who does not clean up after their dog will incur a fine.
Terms and Conditions for Services and Safety
Our goal is to make your stay as comfortable and safe as possible. If you encounter any issues during your stay, please do not hesitate to contact our reception or management immediately for resolving any issues. We do take our guests comments and feedback seriously.
1. Please note Timbers Country Lodge does not provide a 24 hour reception service. Emergency contact details can be found on your confirmation email, in your room information pack or on the main reception door.
2. The standard check in time is from 14:30 to 22:00; the earliest check-in time of 12:00 may only be arranged under exceptional circumstances such as brides needing to get ready in the bridal suite.
3. The standard check out time is 10:30. With any exceptional circumstances, later check-outs may be arranged with reception.
4. Please ensure your key is returned to reception on checking out. If you have misplaced your key, a fine of £20.00 will be charged to the card on file.
5. Dogs are allowed in the allocated dog friendly areas, please ask for more information on your arrival
6. First Aid – We have a basic first aid kit in reception, however we are not permitted to supply any medication.
7. All Fire Exits are clearly marked, the fire assembly point is on the grassed area at the front of the main entrance to the lodge, our fire alarms are tested every Friday.
8. Breakfast is served from 07:00 to 09:00 to 10am on Saturday and Sunday.
9. No food or drinks may be brought onto the hotel premises for health and safety reasons. We have a bar and restaurant which serves good homemade food. See two of the main menus enclosed.
10. Food is served between 12:00 – 21:00 Monday – Saturday and 12:00 -19:00 on Sunday.
11. In order to meet health and safety standards, personal electric or gas appliances such as toasters, sandwich makers and microwaves are forbidden. Management have the right to remove any personal appliances or food preparation utensils which are considered a danger to others safety. None compliance to the above may result in photographic evidence and a Fine. Our log cabin is fully equipped and electrical appliances that are PAT tested.
12. All Timber’s electrical appliances such as hairdryers and kettles are PAT tested. Any personal affects which are removed by housekeeping, will be returned during check out.
13. We have a non-smoking policy. At no time is smoking permitted inside or at the entrance of any of our accommodation, in the main bar and restaurant. Ashtrays are provided outside and there is a dedicated under cover smoking area in our rear beer garden.
14. Free WIFI is available throughout the premises. If you have any issues with your WIFI, please contact reception.